Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm back! With veggie lettuce wraps :)

Oh no! It's been forever! Things got crazy with school, but a month long absence should not happen again :)

So without further delay, here are some veggie lettuce wraps, quite delish! And shhhh...but the whole recipe cost me about 6$!

I started with some extra firm tofu, sweet corn, lettuce, soy sauce, and just a touch of balsamic. I also added black pepper and ground flax (not pictured here). 


Get some olive oil good and hot and break up the tofu, it will start sizzling so be careful!
Keep breaking up the tofu while it gets good and brown.




Add the sweet, sweet corn..



Here's where I added the pepper/flax mixture, you can use just pepper, or chili powder, or anything you'd like, really. I'd hold off and the salt though, because the soy sauce has more than enough.



Cook it up a bit, but don't overcook, you don't want the corn to turn to mush.
Put on a lettuce leaf and chomp away!Mmmmmmm




And I have enough to feed at least 4 people (with average appetites...so maybe 2 if they eat like me). On 6$! I'm taking it to a vegetarian potluck, hopefully it gets good reviews :)

Some time in the future when I make these again, I may put some avocado slices on it, that would be perfection! But I'm on a budget now, so until next time!

Love,
Sharon
:)

1 comment:

  1. looks delish! make me some! or make them with me, and soon! :)

    ReplyDelete