Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cauliflower Buffalo "Wings" with Vegan Ranch

These have been a hit with vegetarians and meat eaters alike! I have made this a couple of times and tweaked the recipe, this one is Gluten Free! 





For the Cauliflower
Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.
1.5 cups of flour (I used Rice Flour)
½ TBS each of Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Seasoning Salt
1 Cup Plain Almond Milk
1 bottle Buffalo Sauce (Frank’s Red Hot is great, I used a different brand this time but I’ve used that in the past and it works!)
Another 2  TBS of Almond Milk
1 Head Cauliflower
Mix flour and spices in a bowl.
Put almond milk in a separate bowl
Wash and dry the cauliflower, then break it up into florets.
Coat them in the almond milk, then the flour mixture.
Place in a nonstick (or lightly oiled) baking sheet, preferably not touching. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes.
During these 20 minutes,  Heat up the Buffalo sauce in a small pot with the 2 TBS almond milk. Drizzle the milk in so it doesn’t get all chunky.
When the cauliflower is baked, take it out of the oven and toss in the sauce. Put it back on the baking sheet and set the oven to broil, broil for another 5-7 minutes.

Vegan Ranch Dressing
1 cup Veganaise
1 TBS Apple cider Vinegar
1-2 TBS fresh chopped parsley
1 TBS Almond milk
Pinch of salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. I’m sorry I don’t have exact measurements for this.  I’m a free spirit, what can I say ;)
Serve as soon as you can (meaning, these don’t sit well overnight) with the ranch on the side and some cut up celery.



Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment