Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Human kindness.....and more kale

I'm so lucky. Sometimes in my day to day life, things happen that make me remember why my life is so incredibly rich. I'm having a loss for more words to explain it, so here is a delicious Kale and Apple smoothie. Super green and delicious, friends, and I made it again and threw in some blueberries. The blueberries turned it a brownish color, but it tasted pretty good. Anyway, it didn't taste like drinking kale :) Try it!

Grab some kale, take it off the tough stems, and a stalk of celery, a banana, a lemon, and some Apple Juice (I used Motts for Tots, which is really just watered down apple juice, I recommend watering down all your apple juice, especially if giving it to kids. It will have less sugar and taste basically the same!) And add about a tablespoon or 2 of the lemon juice, I used fresh but from the little yellow bottle is fine too. Oh and some ice.

 Blend


And then you have a delicious, healthy smoothie. Even I get tired of kale, this is a good way to sneak it in :) 




Now go forth, healthy happy being! I like to brings things to people I love, and that's exactly where my Kale smoothie ended up :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment