Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pita "Pizza"

Ok so this is nothing like a pizza, I just didn't know what else to call it! I'm a creative thinker, but not with naming things. I once had a Betta Fish for 2 years without a name.

But I digress, here's what's for dinner tonight. As usual it was last minute, super cheap, and consisted of what I already had in the fridge.

I had half an avocado that was a little ripe for my personal taste, so I made a sauce from it.

-1/2 or a whole Avocado
-Pinch of garlic powder
-Juice from half a lime
-Black pepper
-I added a little water in, but you can add greek yogurt or plain soy/almond/whatever milk in.

Stuck it all in the blender and YUM

Then I do what I usually so and heated some olive oil and threw in some garlic.

I know you don't need a picture. I'm going to post one anyway :)


Then I crumbled in some tofu. I used the extra firm, sprouted, organic kind because it was on sale, but you can use any firm tofu. I added some black pepper and a splash of balsamic, but that's it. Let it brown and get kind of crispy, I think that's the secret to good tofu. Don't rush it.

(I forgot to take pictures of that, sorry, I was so hungry!)

I spread the avocado sauce on a toasted WHOLE WHEAT Pita, sprinkled some baby spinach on it, then the tofu on top. I was starving after hot yoga today so I started digging in before taking a picture. Luckily I remembered just in time, here's the final product!


This only has a little bit of olive oil, NO ADDED SALT, and no animal products! Plus the omegas from that avocado, protein from the tofu, fiber from that whole wheat pita, and folic acid/iron/all kinds of good stuff from the spinach. Hearty enough to fill me up without weighing me down. Also that burst of flavor from the Avo sauce just pulled everything together. Win!

I'll start posting more for my dedicated 4 readers ;) I'm still hoping this grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment