Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tofu/veggie/thai curry with coconut brown rice

So I haven't been feeling great lately, between a toothache and no sleep and miscellaneous other problems. The weather has been nice though, finally there's a chill in the air and I brought out my boots :)

So, this blog seems more food than yoga based, maybe I'll make some changes, after this post. And then after a nap.

ANYWAY! I came home on my lunch today and made this super easy, amazing comfort food. Happy :)

I'll call this....Oh I don't know! Tofu/veggie/thai curry with coconut brown rice. Not super catchy, but at least you know what you signed up for!

Ingredients:
A block of Tofu, firm
Green peas, about 3/4 cup, I used frozen from TJ's
Any other veggies, I used some leftover bell pepper scraps
Olive oil and Garlic (duh)
Soy Sauce (just a splash)
Brown Rice
Coconut Cream
Any sauce you please, I used Thai Curry from TJ's (pictured below)

Start with the rice, I used half water and half coconut cream, so one cup of each and one cup of rice. Bring to boil then lower heat and simmer.




Then saute up some garlic and olive oil until it smells amazing. Add tofu and brown for about 5 minutes, then add chopped veggies and peas. Yum.



I added about a Tablespoon of soy sauce and about 1/3 a cup of this sauce:


 When the rice is done, spoon some veggies over and enjoy!




This is just what I needed today.



Take care everyone, I'm doing level 2 Reiki Training this weekend, expect to hear about that!

Love,
-Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment