Friday, December 21, 2012

End of the world Latkes! (Baked)

So today, the world was supposed to end, or something. It was actually a beautiful day here in Long Beach, but alas, no Apocalypse. 

Truth be told, if it WAS the end of the world, I'd deep fry these like there was no tomorrow! (Ha, excuse my geeky humor) But I baked these, to make it healthier.

Also I want to dedicate this post to my Daddy, who taught me about Latkes, and Challah, let me light a Menorah next to the Christmas tree when I was kid. I had an interesting, mixed childhood. 

So here goes!

Ingredients: (this recipe makes a muffin tin with 12, you can double or triple it if you have more hungry people!)
1 large potato
1/2 Onion
1 TBS Flour
1 Egg
Salt and Pepper to taste

Applesauce to garnish
Plain Greek Yogurt for garnish (typically sour cream, but this is a HEALTHY.....ish blog)

Peel the potato and grate it up along with the onion Drain the water out best you can. Then add flour, egg, salt and pepper. 


 Olive oil up a muffin tin and distribute evenly.


Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Then let them cool for about 5 minutes before taking them out. I couldn't decide between Apple Sauce and the Yogurt.....so I picked both!


YUMM.


Ready for another close up?



And that's it. Thanks Mom and Dad for feeding me delicious things from your backgrounds, and exposing me to all kinds of delicious foods.

Happy Holidays everyone, from my heart to yours, take care!!

<3




1 comment:

  1. Just like Grandma used to make! Maybe if we have our kitchen back before Christmas, you can cook us up some!

    ReplyDelete