Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hummus-Spinach Dip

This is so good, it's dangerous. Like, I almost feel sorry for posting it. How easy and how delicious, it just shouldn't be allowed! I apologize in advance. The original recipe made the hummus from scratch, but until I get a food processor, I won't be doing that.

Ingredients:
Hummus (16 oz container)
Spinach (about 2 big handfuls, roughly chopped)
3/4 cup Cheese (I used mixed Mexican, but you can use your favorite)
.......That's seriously it. I told you, I'm bad!





I am eating this with middle eastern-whole-wheat flatbread but you can use chips or lavosh or pita or veggies, the sky is the limit here. Let's get started!

Hummus in the bowl, check!


Spinach in the bowl, check!




CHEESE in the bowl, CHECK! (oops sorry, I get so excited when cheese in involved!) Only put 1/2 cup in now. The rest goes on later.


Now mix it all up like your life depends on it. While singing Tegan and Sara. Oops, nope that's just me again :)



Press in a casserole or baking dish. Use the rest of the cheese sprinkled on top.  Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.



I'm sorry.





I really am...






Potlucks will never be the same again! Muahahaha. And in the grand scheme, this DOES have less fat then the typical artichoke-spinach dip made with cream cheese. Right? Forgivable?






Yea, forgivable. :) Eat up!



From my heart to yours, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. God. I might book a flight home right now just so I can eat this. Holy crap.

    ReplyDelete