Saturday, February 23, 2013

7-Layer Dip!

 7 Layer Dip
 This is just too good. Yes, it's vegan :) I did it! And without the vegan cheese that I really, really don't like. There's a ton of ingredients, but all cheap and easy to find.




I'm going to go through the layers.

1. Beans. You'll need one can pinto beans, warm up in a skillet with some chopped onions, olive oil, and add a pinch of black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Mash up, I used a fork. I really need to get a potato masher.
2. Salsa. I used from a jar (chunky), but you are welcome to make your own.
3. "Cheese". 1 container vegan cream cheese, stir together with several shakes of Tapatillo or Tabasco. I also added a bit of black pepper, onion and garlic powder. 
4. Soyrizo. Just as is. Delicious. 
5. Corn. One can of whole corn kernels, no salt added, mix with the juice of 1 lime and about a handful of chopped cilantro. 
6. Chopped green onions. That's it. 
7. Sliced black olives. 

I know I pushed it a little with those last 2, those could be 1 layer. But 7 is a lot of layers! Amaaaaaazing.  


That's my prepping. I wanted to make sure I didn't forget any layers.


I just love the bright colors of foods. Is that weird?

You can really see the layers there. Yum yum.



And enjoy :)  


  
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment