Monday, February 4, 2013

Miso Tempeh Wraps and Cucumber Salad

I've been getting better at this cooking thing... :)


More creative, at least! I've been wanting to use Miso for awhile now, and I just recently discovered the magic that is Apple Cider Vinegar. Amazing! Aaaaaanyway, first here's the recipe for the Miso dressing. This would be amazing on a salad, but I wanted a wrap. This is used on the wrap as well as to marinate the tempeh in.

Miso Dressing
Ingredients:
2 Tbs White Miso Paste (I got mine at Whole foods, it's about 4$)
2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbs Agave syrup
1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or another oil of your choice)
Pinch of black pepper

Just whisk together and set aside. Cut up the tempeh into logs. Dip logs into the dressing and then put in a warmed up skillet and brown until crispy and delicious :)


Wrap Recipe (Of course, feel free to add or subtract anything you want!)
Ingredients:
2 Whole wheat large tortillas
1 Avocado
Mixed greens (any kind you'd like)
Sriracha 
Tomatoes

Layer up! The Siraracha is for my boyfriends wrap, the tomatoes for mine.




Delish!







Now for the side dish!

Cucumber Salad (note: you can add sliced red onions, if that's your thing. It's not mine.)
Sliced Cucumber
2-3 Tbs Apple Cider vinegar
Something crunchy (I added some hemp seeds)

 That's the magical vinegar...

Those are the hemp seeds...

That's a before picture....
And after. Light, crunchy, perfect for these days that feel more like spring than like winter.

Enjoy :) From my heart, to yours!

Follow Me on Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment