Saturday, March 2, 2013

Another Green Smoothie

Delicious, nutritious, and awesome in the morning (especially if the night before consisted of a couple glasses of wine and not enough sleep).

I make green smoothies in one form or another a few times a week, but this one came out so well that I decided to share. Very simple, and easy if you are new to "green" things. ;)



Ingredients: 
(This is for 1 person, just double it if you want more)
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 banana (or 1 small banana)
1 1/2 cup mixed greens (I had organic spinach, chard and kale, but you can just use 1 if that's what you have)
1 cup water
3 ice cubes
1/2 TBS ground flax (optional)
1/2 TBS chia seeds (optional)


And that's it!No dairy, no added sugar. I am wary of the green smoothies that add apple juice because it's just a ton of sugar, with the fruit and the banana, you can use water because it will be sweet enough. This is a VERY good way to sneak greens in your diet. It doesn't taste like drinking a salad, trust me!

I can imagine that if I had kids I might call it a "Shrek Smoothie" or "Hulk Smoothie" to get them to drink it, ha! 

Enjoy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment