Monday, March 25, 2013

Tomato Toast


I love tomatoes. I was so happy at the farmer's market yesterday when I saw those big, plump, red tomatoes everywhere. Those are the just the best, the homegrown, organic, in-season tomatoes. Yummmm!


Anyway, sometimes when it comes to delicious ingredients straight from nature, less is more. This is my Sunday morning spring breakfast (Today is MY Sunday). 

Toast 2 pieces of hearty whole wheat bread (I used Dave's Killer Bread, for this toast you want a hearty bread preferably full of grains and seeds)
Cover the toast with a thin layer of veganaise. Or even hummus. You can use mayo, I suppose.
Slice up 1/2 of one of those huge tomatoes and layer on the slices
Sprinkle on some black pepper and maybe a teensy little bit of salt
Make some coffee or tea and enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment