Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cilantro-Lemon Hummus



I know there are toooooons of store bought hummus(es?). I know that most of them are delicious. But there is just something I find so cool, and ultimately delicious, about making my own! It cost way less too, trust me on that. Especially if you find the dried Garbanzo beans in bulk and just buy like 1 lb. This recipe can be used with canned beans as well. This makes 1 serving, as always you can double it, or even triple it if you have a large food processor. Ok! Enough of my blabbing, here goes!

Ingredients:
1 cup cooked garbanzo beans (note: I bought them dry and boiled them in water with some chopped onions and garlic for about 35 minutes, or until they were soft.)
1 handful cilantro. No need to chop.
1/2 cup liquid (water or veggie broth)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp Salt
1 (or more) tsp black pepper

Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.

Blend!This takes awhile, be patient. 


And enjoy. Simple and delicious. Enjoy with veggies, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich. I was actually eating it with a spoon, but I love hummus more than the average person. 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment