Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oven-Roasted Veggies

I don't know why I was always intimidated by roasting veggies! It's so easy! I had some veggies in the fridge that were going a little soft and I needed something portable to eat, just got a new job y'know ;)

Anyway! Just take any veggies you have, I had yellow squash, green bell peppers and eggplant.

Toss with some extra virgin olive oil, plenty of black pepper and salt. I also chopped up some garlic and roasted that alongside the vegetables. 


 Roast at 425 degrees for 35-45 minutes.


Now what to do with it? You could toss it with some pasta, add some balsamic and cherry tomatoes, black olives, and fresh chopped basil..





And even better! If you plan to eat it cold, toss with some mixed greens (This is a blend of baby spinach, chard, and kale)





 
If you have another idea, let me know! Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog, Sharon! Everything I've seen so far looks delicious! I'm going to have to try at least a few of these! I'm looking forward to meeting you soon! (I'm the trainer who works with the residents at Casa.) ;)
    Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete